BACK TO SCHOOL...summer pudding # 1


 
Summer hols are nearly over, archived for another year.
  
Time to bite down, reorganise our relaxed and tanned selves into action for the forthcoming "rentrée" /school year start.

I pretend to feel motivated, rejuvenated, ready to run head on into the new school year...

This morning my husband set the alarm for seven-ish - a practice run for next week when reality kicks in on a daily basis. 
My alarm went off and I moved my feet...there are still grains of sand in the bottom of our bed.
I went back to sleep.

My mother-in-law told me that as a child she worked further into July and returned to her school-desk late September. 
That makes such good sense! 
Is it me going hormonal or is there a heat wave in Bordeaux right now. I had 37° in my garden this weekend. 
Wondering how my dreamy children will do "concentration" next week in this heat...wondering how their mother will motivate her own students?? Yes, I am primed for that sea of what-the-hell-am-I-doing-here faces, mine will be reciprocating!
 
Yesterday we had Sunday lunch with friends.
Husband fired up the barbeque (and all the meat!!) in true Neanderthal fashion. 
Love the way my husband, and probably yours too, becomes delightfully "prehistoric" around the bbq...it becomes his territory, his x-zone, he smokes out the neighbours yoddling don't come near me I'm in charge...do I smell bison ?

I made pudding, plural!!
Nothing like summer puds to clear the head, enlighten the soul and bring on that last summer siesta...

Here's summer pud #1, easy, light, cheap, quick, delicious...



Minted Peach Soup

6 ripe, but firm, peaches, yellow or white (personally prefer the white, they are more perfumed)
1 cup blackcurrant/groseille jelly
2 cups boiling water
Handful of chopped fresh mint 

Put jelly and water into a pot on a low flame. 
Stir until the jelly has melted. You should have homogeneous syrup. 
Do not boil.

Chop peaches into 8 regular wedges. Place in large bowl and pour over the redcurrant/groseille syrup. Sprinkle mint over mixture. 
Cover and reserve in refrigerator for minimum 3 hours before serving.

Serve with a crisp Rosé...

Comments

  1. You are back! Wonderful dessert, question - can I make this the night before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Leanne, yes its even better if made the night before. Just add a little more fresh mint to brighten before serving. Cheers, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will try your soup next weekend, looks yum, gorgeous colour. Will we see more of you in Fr Masterchef??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Claire..re Masterchef, well I certainly saw far too much of myself already!! haha LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, it WAS you on Masterchef! Go go go for it!!! Fantastic. Please can we have your Cabillaud recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous peach soup. Do you have more fruit desserts coming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Fiona, more fruit desserts coming, promise!!
    Thanks for your interest, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK so Masterchef you are, for us...but PLEASE write us a book!! Life in France, food, motherhood. Could so use a book with luaghter and recipes, lighten my tasks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jenny, thank you so much for your comment, am wildly flattered!! Will try but a literary agent would call me "fluff"!!
    Cheers cheers and more, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh and fruity, great pudding. Look forward to #2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie I finally made your Minted Peach Soup and it was just exquisite. Simple and fresh. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Minted peach soup really went down well,cheers, James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION