MOVING ON TO NEXT YEAR

Where reality meets fantasy...

This will not be an altruistic, new year's rant. Promise.


I have found myself slipping rather too happily into "holiday mode"...
  • Sleeping in later than 7am 
  • Reading in bed until 10 with steaming mug after mug of tea 
  • Shocking my French husband's sense of "perfect wifely fashion" with my sagging grey sweat-pants. Yes, even went for the newspaper in them....noticed that there are no head turns for elegance and poised dress but definite turbo turns for sweat pants in public...ah, vive la France!!
  • Leisurely bacon and eggs with the papers instead of healthy muesli shovelled down at top speed
  • No work, no students, no marking,
  • No talking, limited serious conversation
  • Another glass of Sauvignon Blanc
Not quite ready to detatch myself from this perfectly relaxing mode. Yesterday I put my business diary out on the kitchen table to remind myself that reality awaits. It's next year tomorrow and back to work next week.

I refuse to do the resolution trip. I can honestly say that my fantasy 2011 is giving up my day job to roll into a sloth's life of sleep-ins and creativity ( creativity = cooking, eating, shopping, chatting with girlfriends).  My reality is, well, a bit like 2010....
Back to work.

ps some of the good things in 2011...more Mad Men, more Damages, another vintage of Sauvignon Blanc on a global level for all Desperate Anglo Housewives to imbibe!!

Comments

  1. Fabulous New year post....happy new year. mee too, adore your blog.
    Ex pat in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. My french hubbie also goes wild about my sweat pants. I am actually not allowed to wear them out of the house. Thanks for your non bullshit resolution post. I laughed out loud!
    ps just read your article in The French Paper about girlfriends and couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for sweat pants and french husbands. Bring on the book of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore new year post. look forward to more recipes...please!! Me too, hope to see a book of the blog this year.A recipe book??
    Sinead

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION