AUTUMN DASH

...stress, racing, taking time to laugh

For many, this is a mad time of the year.


Juggling family, with work, with home, with friends, with breathing... I don't always balance up at the end of the week.


One thing I do get time for is my dog. You can all laugh but my dog is THE most deserving member of my personal community. 
Who else rolls on his back with pure joy or gives my shoe a golden shower when I come home from work?? He will also lick my weary toes and rest his head in my armpit. He is, without a doubt, THE ONE!


Young Harry and I get up very early every morning and do a run/power walk around Jardin Public. This morning, for the second time, I was quite perplexed at people's sizest attitudes to him jogging beside me. We were observed with both disdain and mockery...Harry is a 3.5kg Yorkshire, the size of a fluffy slipper. But can he run!! Never underestimate your furry friends!!


So why the running? For those of you who know me well you will know that my best sporting activity is generally "olympic wrist lifting"...lifting glass of chardonnay to lips, posing the glass on the table, relifting glass to lips etc.


I am however finding that my daily trot around the park at dawn  is a wonderful way to blow away my morning anguish. My 40-something body accompanied by that of my furry friend's may not be the sporting duo of the century but I am certainly shedding stress and getting through my autumn days in a better frame of mind.


Let's finish on a linguistic anecdote..
It's that time of the year again when we examine the bar students ( legal not wine!). Last Friday I had a beauty...
 " So what is your speciality in law?" " Private law" " Hmm, what do you mean by private law?" " Oh, actually I am a generalist...family and penile* law." " MMm that's great ( eyes to floor) now perhaps we will move on to the text analysis..."


* Penile meaning "penal" meaning "criminal law"



I am really sick of goooey uncooked chocolate cake. Here is the lightest, tastiest,classiest, dark chocolate cake perfumed with Amaretto. Serve it with ladles of freshly whipped cream, the rest of the Amaretto and Puccini...


Amaretto Chocolate Cake


150gr chopped cooking chocolate
150 gr unsalted butter
6 eggs
250gr fine white sugar
70gr sifted flour
6 tablespoons Amaretto


Preheat oven to 180°.


Melt butter with chocolate,set aside to cool slightly.


Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. 


Fold flour into egg mixture then finally fold in chocolate and butter.


Pour mixute into buttered cake tin and cook 40 minutes.


When you take cake out of oven, pour over Amaretto immediately.


When cool dust with cocoa powder.
Serve with lashings and lashings of home-whipped cream.
Take the bottle of Amaretto to the table...crack up the Puccini!!

Comments

  1. Would love a piece of that chocolate cake, looks amazing!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes yes for our furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made the choc amaretto cake. Utterly utterly divine. Love your recipes and still hoping for a book of them!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it too...I hadn't imagined it would be so easy. Thanks Suzie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a really good laugh on a wet morning. The cake looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, made that cake and am going to use your word ORGASMIC but even better, it was child's play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made the cake tonight and it was perfect! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION