Down the Rabbit Hole I go


 I don't think anyone imagines the dark abyss and underground emotional corridors of online dating before trying it out. Nothing could have prepared me for this.



Having been elbowed into this by my enthusiastic happily married friends, my first project was to actually have the guts to even download the apps. 

I gingerly google best dating sites for over 50s. 
I am immediately swamped by photos of silver foxes, who all look remarkably like George Clooney (these people have really done their homework on my generation) spooning in beddies with their silver foxettes on top of their high cotton count Egyptian duvet cover, or, arms around each others' totally tanned shoulders sipping champagne out of heritage crystal and gazing off into a mediterranean sunset, a small breeze blowing through their matching white linen evening wear. 
I put on my glasses and peer at these perfect people and wonder if their wobbly bits are carefully contained under the floaty linen?

Most sites have ludicrous vomit inducing names like Disons Demain (Let's Say Tomorrow), Nos Belles Années ( Our Beautiful ( final??) Years), eDarling, Singles50, Nouvelles Rencontres60.... I am assured by airbrushed, perfectly coiffed and made up online dating doubles of Clooney and Helen Mirren that everything is, and I quote, sure and viable, secure, ideal for quality meetings, that all profiles are verified to meet with our high standards.

I keep looking for more post 50s sites and stumble upon one that has me full body blushing, Cougar pour Moi, doubt I need to translate that one for you.
This promises, Pleasure without taboo or complexes and men who are looking for mature women. 
I am momentarily feeling highly complexed, relatively immature and a little hot under the collar - I close my computer and put on the kettle, wondering whether I'm doomed to become a cat lady. Background music, Eleanor Rigby.

More coming for another day. 
See you next week, Susie xxx


Comments

  1. Hurry up and write the next post please. Am loving this. Thanks for your honesty, such a relief to see I’m not alone on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harriet for your encouraging comment. No, you are definitely not alone!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION