Tinderella goes on her first date

A tale of romance, anticipation, and a twist that even Shakespeare would envy!



It all began with a charming fellow who burst into my life like a comet streaking across the night sky. From the moment we matched on the dating app, he showered me with compliments, sweet messages, and promises of a magical first date. Receiving texts 24/24, hour long telephone conversations, ooos and ahhhhs over my responses to his questions. Yes, I was being "love bombed" * and fell for it hook, line and sinker.
I can't stop thinking about you he'd whisper in a voice message, sending a photo of his designer expresso machine sitting next to his bed replete with white sand washed linen duvet cover....and this was only after 24 hours!!

By day #2 he was sending (to my horror!) screen shots of train tickets down from Paris to Bordeaux...for a "coffee together." My good sense had me texting back the french equivalent of " settle down tiger!" However, the following week he was coming down for a conference so I agreed to meet up for a coffee in the "cosy café" of my choice.

After a week of his incessant phone calls and my lonely, middle aged, post menopausal self beginning to to fall for his charm and wit, I found myself eagerly counting down the minutes until our rendezvous. Plans were made, butterflies danced in my lonely old stomach.
It's finally the day and I'm all of a fluster, clothes choices scattered all over my bedroom, nails done and make up perfect, even my hair was shining, heart beating, hope surfing my brainwaves.

The sun is high, Spring is in the air, birds are singing. Walking down the road to the cosy café where we'll meet, singing Staying Alive by the BeeGees...I'm about to step into the door of the café, my phone buzzes with a message.

My heart sinks as I read his words: the date is off, cancelled at the eleventh hour "I've met someone else," he writes. The whirlwind week of intense love bombing comes crashing down around me, leaving me feeling completely bewildered.

In the span of a single message, I've gone from floating on cloud nine to plummeting back to earth with a resounding thud. It's a bitter pill to swallow, realising that I was nothing more than a pit stop on Sir Love Bomb's journey to find love or maybe just play with people and boost his grotty ego. What an utter arse!

...And, just like that, as the initial shock wears off, I can't help but find a glimmer of gratitude amidst the disappointment. For, in this whirlwind of emotions, I've learned my first valuable lesson about the fickle nature of dating apps and the games people play. Though my first date may have ended in a love bombing letdown, I emerge from the experience stronger, wiser, and even more cynical that what I already was!!

My claws are out, and I have just ordered the "Warning : don't fuck with me" t-shirt!

Thanks for reading me

love, Susie aka Tinderella xxxx


*Love Bombing > where one person overwhelms the other with excessive affection, attention, and praise. It can involve constant communication, lavish gifts, grand gestures, and declarations of love, all aimed at creating a sense of intense emotional connection and dependency.

Comments

  1. I feel like you write for a million frustrated middle aged women and really appreciate this. You are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION