OVER CHRISTMAS?

...getting over Christmas.


Its the 26th Dec and I feel like I have just finished a marathon, an eating marathon.

Christmas lunch in France is far removed from anglo Christmas replete with its turkey,baked ham, cranberry sauce, plum pudding with brandy butter, mince tarts and christmas cake. And although my heart pines for these at Christmas I have to admit that the French fare was not too bad...home made foie gras terrine, asparagus pannacotta, veau orloff, cheeses so devine they could start wars...

After the the last 48 hours of abusing (totally self inflicted) my body its time to do some raw food therapy.
What truthfully comes into my brain are images of myself scuffling unnoticed into cigarette stores, next image is sitting at an outdoor cafĂ© drinking litres of tight tight expresso while puffing away on cigarettes - bowel relaxing therapy!!
I do know that the raw food version is not only bettter for me but also more effective. So I will cut myself carrot cigarettes and sip on herb teas instead of expresso!


A few raw food related hints

celery    do a waldorf salad, leave out mayo

carrots    chop up a dozen and leave in fridge

citrus     go for citrus juices rather than apple, cranberry etc. Squeeze lime   juice over salads, drink the juice of a lemon when you wake up

nuts    walnuts, hazelnuts, etc throw over salads, give your man brazilnuts they are excellent for his "man glands"

greens    blanche green beans and eat in salads, vary lettuces

cheese    avoid, especially at night

yoghurts    natural, organic, no sugar

bread   leave it alone, it only wants to invade your thighs!!

pasta    if you must, "natural" no sugary tomato sauces

fish    go for it....steamed, grilled, raw

horseradish    grated with lemon juice

beetroot    roasted, steamed, in salads

onion    everywhere

water

herb teas    avoid sugar


I am now going for a walk!!



Comments

  1. Suzy, great post about post christmas detox! I feel like a stuffed bird after all the french fodder. Will be going raw and green!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Veau Orloff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for asking the question I wanted to ask...just what is veau orloff???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION