HANGOVER BRUNCH CURE



Bagels,
Capers,
Red onions, 
Salmon 
and divinely, hip-devastating Philadelphia Cream Cheese.


Plus Bloody Marys made by a New York hand.


This is not the first time I have blogged my utter delight over Brunch. Today I once again salute my american friends for their brunching brilliance. Not only did it cure me of a nagging hangover but also chased away the Sunday blues. I strongly recommend it!!


What really got me today were the tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese....this is rare treasure in France. If you are a "professional" it is available in 2kg sin-tubs from Metro. For the rest of us pleasure can be found online at My American Market, http://www.myamericanmarket.com



Build up 
a hot toasted bagel 
with cream cheese, 
capers, sliced red onion rings and salmon lox.

Lounge back with a classic NYC Bloody Mary. 


Mondayitis?.....bring it on!!!





Classic NYC Bloody Mary

1/2 cup tomato juice

jigger vodka
2 teaspoons fresh lemon/lime juice


1 teaspoon grated horseradish
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Tabasco to taste
1 celery stick for garnish


Combine the vodka, the tomato juice, the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, the Tabasco, 1 cup ice cubes, and horseradish,salt and pepper to taste, shake the mixture well, and pour into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish the Bloody Mary with the celery stick...

Comments

  1. Cheers Susie! It's true, brunch is a great way to relax and enjoy a Sunday with your friends. Have a great week - you're ready now!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori for your message...yes ready for week ahead. Thanks be to cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Susie! Lori is right, I love brunch myself. I would definitely love to relax with a bloody mary right now. Lori's brother Larry (COB Adder, Iraq)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Larry. Hope all going well for you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I am going bagel and smoked salmon shopping. Susie your brunch post has me salivating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION