VALENTINE OR WHAT!

Cynacism strikes...

Yesterday I asked my husband if he would like me to take him out for "valentines" supper...
My offer was, methought, modern yet romantic..girl takes boy.


My dear french ( ie pendantic) husband answered, well why would we do that? We are already married!
He then launched into a tirade about the commercial dishonesty surrounding Valentines...I batted for romance using Easter and Christmas as examples, then continued with the importance for both retail and service industries of such events especially in the context of an economic crisis.


He looked at me and said, If it's that important to you I will take you out to supper, but on the 15th when the prices aren't double!


...That's amore!!

I heard a very funny story which I will share with you rather than a recipe. It reminded me of my husband.

After she woke up, a woman told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"
"You'll know tonight." he said.
That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it - to find a book entitled "The meaning of dreams."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION