SPRING REVERIES...

After a 4 year break I had one of those hallelujah "in
France" moments today that forced me back to my keyboard....


No longer a 40-something, I recently turned the page,rather reluctantly,to 50! Since I reached my half century,I have been reflecting largely on educative matters...hmmm would that have something to do with the myriads of teenagers dragging their designer-booted tooties through my corridors..?

I don't know about you but I was always told "manners before God!" What is it about we anglo-saxons,whether harking from the South Pacific or floating somewhere off the French coast (jab!), that makes manners and being polite a true part of our culture. I would go so far as to state that manners are "indigenous" to us...needless to say, this is open to anthropological debate.

So, the hallelujah moment...early this morning my trusty York,Harry, and I were out for our morning stroll. Spring is in the air, clear skies ( and that is really something in Bordeaux!), the trees are in vibrant green leaf, blossoms inside and out, it is simply gorgeous. 

The traffic alone serenades us and I have drifted back into one of those superb 1980s
moods where I forget reality of my age, Katrina and the Waves are singing "I'm Walking on Sunshine"...I am,in all probability, smiling like a nutter..maybe even humming. 

I step out onto a pedestrian crossing and an older bearded chap on a scooter stops for us, I smile, wave and say thank you, to which he breaks my Spring fever with yelling out, " I stopped for the dog, not for you!!" 



Ah France and its gallantry...at least he respected animals, I suppose?


Happy Days and welcome back to DesperateAnglo Housewives.



Here's the music,I'm Walking on Sunshine, go on have a listen!(Copy and paste...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U    

Comments

  1. Brilliant to see you back, have so missed your posts...hillarious start to spring. Will there be recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back.
    Househusband John
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stella
    Thanks for your encouraging words and yes the recipes will start up again.
    Cheers
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read you again. Still the funniest woman on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Helena.It's just a start for now. But already feeling really encouraged.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bliss! So get the gallantry here. I am Welsh and have never quite gotten over my extreme shock at the bluntness here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say? Luckily you had a dog! Vive la france!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny woman is back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katrina and the Waves...love that song!! Great to see you on line again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for yur comments, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic blog and I am so happy to see you are back thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are truly very funny. Love reading you and have watched the YOU TUBE video twice now. Took me back. Please keep the writing up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see you blogging again...
    Clearly manners do not makyth homme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Joy, what a nice surprise to find you appearing in my blog feed again. I missed your blogs although I still used the recipes. I am also enjoying your new perspective on life in a different biological age group. If you have the time please keep the posts coming you write so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We so look forward to reading your comments.....

Popular posts from this blog

PULLING OUT MY HAIR, again!

OLYMPIC SOB

THE GRACIOUS ART OF MEDITATION